lundi 10 octobre 2016

R. Kikuo Johnson, Couverture The New Yorker, 17 octobre 2016

L'illustrateur hawaïen basé à New York R. Kikuo Johnson signe la couverture de The New Yorker du 17 octobre 2016, intitulée The Finish Line :

© R. Kikuo Johnson / The New Yorker

Cover Story lisible sur le site de The New Yorker :
R. Kikuo Johnson seldom goes to the gym. (“I prefer to cycle everywhere to get my exercise,” he says.) But the artist was still able to find inspiration for his cover for this week’s Fall Books Issue in his daily life: “I don’t have much time to read, but I listen to books on tape or podcasts while I draw. I’m at a desk sixteen hours a day, and I’ll often have a moment like this where I find myself just staring blankly at a screen, not drawing at all but completely consumed by what I’m listening to.”


Aucun commentaire: